Friday, June 1, 2007

School's out for summer!

Today was the last day of work for a glorious 3 month hiatus! I think I was more excited about going this morning than I have been since we started. I love what I do and what I do with the kids but I need a break every now and then. Hopefully, now that I have a ton of free time I'll be able to spend it knitting and updating my blog. I plan on blogging at least once a week in the summer. Maybe I'll even get to knit daily. These are my biggest plans for the summer. I don't think I have to do anything special to enjoy my time off.

Thank you to everyone who has commented about Nelly. I saw her last Monday. We spent some quality time together. She was so excited to see me and I gave her all the love I could. My mom told me that when her pain medicine runs out she will be putting her to sleep. I completely agree. She's not herself anymore. Her left shoulder is all bone because of the muscle atrophy. She's lost a ton of weight and she can't seem to get comfortable when she's down or up. Bone cancer is a horrible disease and she would be suffering even more without the medicine.

No comments: