Monday, June 11, 2007

Ester(with Socks' help)


Ester(with Socks' help)
Originally uploaded by hedgie97.

Ester progress!!!

I'm almost finished with Ester. Yesterday I finished all the cables. Thank God!! I am a fan of cables- LOVE them. However, after this project I must say that cables every 7 stitches and every other row was a bit much. I have 8 rows remaining and then I will be blocking this shrug. I don't think I'll be wearing it until November or December since I live in Texas. Maybe I can turn the air way down and wear it around the house. Hmmm...

The yarn I used for this project is Cascade 220 in The Heathers. I substituted this for the Rowan Scottish Tweed Aran. When I went to the yarn store I didn't like the scratchiness (is that a word?) of the yarn. Oh, and the price of $16.95 per ball also was a turn off since it required 4 balls. There are some yarns I would gladly pay money for and there are some that I won't. Scratchy yarns-no matter who makes them- will never make me shell out $17/ball.

I used almost 3 hanks of the Cascade 220 at $6.95/hank. I don't know if the yarn substitution will be right on until after I block and seam it up since there's no way of trying it on right now. We will have to wait and see what it looks like.











Next project: Entrelac
I believe I will use some of my stash Noro to work on an entrelac scarf. I've never done entrelac but have seen some beautiful knitting work done with it.

No comments: