Saturday, March 17, 2007

Baby blanket? Huh? What baby blanket?

I was so pleased with the hearts on the pink baby blanket for my friend's upcoming shower. But I didn't want just one row of hearts. Also, I have a huge problem with if I'm making a gift for someone I have to make it perfectly. All this leads to one big frogged project that I was 2/3 of the way through.


I found some X's and O's to make on the blanket above the hearts. Oh how cute! X's and O's and hearts. Awwwww. Or that's how it would have come out. Somehow between listening to Billy Joel's "Leningrad" and "We Didn't Start the Fire" I miscounted my stitches and couldn't get back on track. Okay, don't panic! You can still take out the row. Sure it's a lot of work, but you can do it. I began the tedious task of working my way backwards across the row removing the stitches I had just made. Then I realized, I don't think I did the pattern correctly at all for the last 3 rows. Oh crap! Now I have to rip it out. Continue to stay calm. You can still put all the stitches back on the needles. Just don't have a complete meltdown. I took the stitches off and ripped out the appropriate length.(Sigh) I feel good now. I look down at my knitting. How am I going to put all 167 stitches back on these needles? PANIC HAS NOW SET IN!!!!! And I can honestly say that Billy Joel is of no help in putting stitches back on circular needles. Stitches were dropping left and right. I didn't know what was right or wrong, up or down. Frogging was the only decent thing to do to the poor blanket.

So now what am I left with? I'm left with where I started. One skein of pink yarn. I think I will be trying another pattern but this time without seed stitch (which I don't like) and instead with cables. Cables make me happy. I need some happiness.


Sad news today: My parents told me that my Nelly dog, who lives with them, may have bone cancer. She just turned 12 and is a yellow labrador retriever. I've had her since I was 16. They don't know if this is what she has but on Monday they are taking her back to the vet to see. She's on pain medicine right now and doing well. I don't want her to be in pain but at the same time I want her around.

No comments: