Thursday, June 30, 2011

Malabrigo Stashing

Since I'm back to my knitting after a short break for embroidery I went to look for a new project to work on. I have 4 hanks of Malabrigo worsted weight yarn in Cabernet. I browsed Ravelry for well over an hour and I can't decide what to make. A couple years ago, I made a slouchy beret out of one of the Malabrigo hanks. Yes, I've been holding on to these hanks for that long. I can't seem to find anything that is worthy of using the yarn on. I want to knit something up. I really want to knit it into a sweater or cardigan but I don't think I'm going to have enough. Plus, all the patterns I saw didn't move me. I desperately need some suggestions!!

I got back to work last night on the Grapevine Lace Scarf. Here's what I learned:
  1. Don't wait until 8:00 to start knitting when you are exhausted.
  2. Always keep track of the row you're on. Otherwise, as what happened to me, you'll end up with a crazy amount of stitches or too few!
  3. Don't leave your knitting for months at a time and forget where you are (this should go with number 2).
  4. As your eyes are closing because you're tired, at least finish the pattern repeats so that when you start on it again the following morning you know where you are.
That all being said, I started on the scarf again this morning and discovered that I had made some mistakes on the repeats and had no clue where I was. Oh joy! I don't know why I don't learn from this because I make this same mistake pretty much every time I'm doing a project. I'm pushing on though. I'm going to finish this scarf. It needs some major blocking and will probably end up being 12 feet long and 3 feet wide!

Here's where I am so far in the scarf:
Can you spot the mistakes???

No comments: