Saturday, July 21, 2007

Entrelac at last (and UPS stalking)


Entrelac
Originally uploaded by hedgie97.
Well, I'm waiting for my Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to arrive today from Amazon.com via UPS. I've been tracking the crap out of it for about two days now. I know that they won't deliver it until today but when I see that my book was "in transit to final destination" yesterday I got my hopes up that it would be here yesterday. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

While I stalked the UPS man online I decided to finally try entrelac. I referenced a site online, The Yarnpath which has a very easy to follow entrelac tutorial. I had no idea what I was doing going into it but I feel like I've got it down now.

I think I will be making a wide entrelac scarf. I'm using Patons SWS in "natural plum." I'm knitting on size US 8 bamboo needles. This entrelac thing is so addictive! I can't stop. Once 10PM came and I realized the UPS man can be "in transit" all night and that Harry Potter will not be arriving before Saturday I decided to stop the entrelac. I will need about 2-3 more skeins to finish the scarf.

No comments: