Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back For A New Year

It's pretty unbelievable that I haven't blogged in over a year. Life got away from me and I haven't taken the time to write it down. One of the biggest life changes that happened this past year is the birth of my daughter, Avery. I never thought I would have kids and here she is! Surprise!

My entire pregnancy I wasn't able to knit. My fingers were swollen and I had horrible pains in my hands when I would try to knit. Now that it's been six weeks since Avery's birth I've finally settled back into knitting again for the same reason I taught myself to knit all those years ago- relaxation. Right now I'm working on the Pine Forest Baby Blanket. It's a pretty easy pattern that has an easy to remember gull lace pattern. I'm not sure if this will end up being for Avery or for someone else who is having a baby. We have so many baby blankets this one might just end up as a gift!

I don't normally make New Year's resolutions but I definitely think that this year I will be documenting this baby adventure and the knitting I do to go along with it. I have this weird desire to knit sweaters, hats, booties, socks, mittens (even though we live in Texas and the likelihood of needing them is minimal!), and anything and everything I can possibly knit for this little girl. With that being said, my goal is to blog weekly and actually finish knitting projects every month. There! I've put it out into the Universe.

No comments: