Monday, October 22, 2007

Cold + Rain + Wind + Bored Teacher = Yarn Store Spree

Today, I wasn't in my classroom. Instead, I was in a workshop. I was pretty pumped up about this workshop since it was for AVID. If you know me, then you know how much I LOVE AVID! I love teaching it, the kids, and the whole philosophy. I went to my workshop today and before lunch I was pumped, excited, and couldn't wait to try some new things in my classroom. Lunch came and went and we got back to work. Only this time, the session was the most boring and disengaging session I think EVER!

The final 3 hours of the day dragged on and on. All I could think about was some yummy yarn. How nice it would be to go to the Woolie Ewe and buy some yarn and hold some yarn. It would be so nice to walk in and hear the peacefulness and look at all the yarn just waiting for someone to buy it and knit it up. These are the thoughts going through my head while in my workshop. Yes, it was hard to concentrate.

After the workshop FINALLY ended I made my way to the yarn store and bought 7 hanks of Cascade 220 in this beautiful jewel toned teal. In case you're wondering it's color number: 7920. The problem I now have is what am I going to knit with this? I'm going to go and get on Ravelry and try to find some patterns that I may be interested in. The main thing is that I don't want to waste it. I want it to be good. Since it is cold here (well...at least for Texas...57 degrees with rain), I was kind of in the mood for sweater knitting. I'll be sure to let you know what I come up with but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know!!

No comments: