Saturday, January 13, 2007

What a Week!

This has been the first week back to work since December 22. I think it was the longest week ever! I'm glad to be back but until today I haven't really done much knitting. That part I miss. I haven't even been on the Internet (except at work) since Sunday.


Current Project

Today I decided I would give the Center Square hat from Knitty.com another try. The first time I attempted this was two days before Christmas. I had thought I would be able to whip something up really quick for my brother for Christmas. I changed too many things from the pattern and then didn't follow through with all the changes to various measurements (I've never really enjoyed math much). The hat when finished on the morning of Christmas Eve was too tight and short for my head. It might have fit a child's head. I was upset by this and haven't looked at the pattern again. I stuffed it, sewed it, and turned it into a large cat toy.


Well, today I decided to try my hand at it again. This time, I took my time and actually did a gauge swatch (wow!) and did the math calculations (wow!). I'm not finished with it but I have more confidence in this than the last one. Hopefully, this hat will fit. I finished a different hat for my brother anyway. This one's for me!

No comments: