Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow Day!

It doesn't snow in Texas very often. When it does you can guarantee everyone freaks out because of the road conditions. This is nice for me since I'm a teacher. I can stay home. No school!!!!!

So, what will I be doing today on my snow day?

Playing in the powder? No...
Making snow angels? No...
Making a snow man? No...
I will be knitting.


I know. The last entry was my frustration with knitting patterns and yada yada yada. But I decided to work on the Hurry Up Spring Armwarmers from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation by Debbie Stoller. I'm not using the recommended yarn (Noro- although I do have some) and have decided to use the Tahki New Tweed that I bought for $2.50 instead. They seem to be coming along nicely (although so did my last hat project) and will probably be very fitted.

I also wanted to post a picture of the shawl I made for my mom for Christmas. Who cares if it is mid January. I really wanted to keep it for myself. I used Wool-ease in an oatmeal color. The pattern comes from Knitting to Go by Chris Percival. If you don't have this box of knitting patterns you should because they are wonderful! And yes, the patterns are well written!! Hooray!!!!

No comments: