Saturday, January 19, 2013

Uhb-sessed

After having this little bundle of joy I've developed an obsession with all knitting for babies. The main obsession I've developed is for baby footwear. No surprise since I'm a shoe lover myself.


We all know and love the Saartje's Bootees pattern. They're easy, quick, and so darn cute! I've made a couple of pairs myself and think they're great to start with. After having a baby I know how hard it is to keep shoes on but you still want to keep their little toes warm.


I recently came across Baby Cowgirl Booties on Pinterest. After checking out these booties I read further down the page that there's a pattern. What?! I can knit these! I'm not necessarily a country fan but I can certainly see the need for Miss Avery to have a pair of these. Although the sizing is for newborns I can easily adapt it to make them bigger. Everyone needs a pair of cowboy boots- even a baby!

Thanks to Etsy I found a couple more patterns for baby booties. The Apple Baby Booties which have a sweet design on the tops of them and the Stylish Baby Boots which I can see good for staying on those tricky little baby feet since they have the high cuff.

I know Avery is too young to appreciate this or care but I'm going to start her early on appreciating good footwear. 


No comments: