Monday, June 9, 2008

Dying to Dye

As it is summer and I have free time that I haven't had in awhile I've decided to start dyeing yarn. I've never really been interested in it before but it does feed my creativity. I researched dyeing a little bit and decided to start as most have started which would be Kool-Aid.

I headed to Wal-Mart and picked all the colors that they had on hand. I came home and found in my stash (my husband would be so proud!) a yarn that is 50% wool 50% alpaca. Perfect! It's a cream color and I doubt I would ever use it that way. I reskeined it (I had previously wound it when I went on my swift and ball winder spree) and got to work. What color would I use? I looked through my Kool-Aid packets and saw the perfect one: Lemon-Lime.

So right now my yarn is sitting on my stove turning a lovely shade of green. Or so I hope. We'll see what happens when I'm done! But meanwhile here are some process pics.





No comments: