Saturday, January 26, 2008

Knit Night

Last night some friends got together for a knit night. It was really fun. Kristi and Rose- if you are reading this- we need to do that more often!

I finished a hat I was making for my grandfather. He let me know last week that the first hat I made him was a little too tight. I had an idea it was when I gave it to him at Thanksgiving. However, he said it was fine. At least until last Thursday! Anyway, I got busy on a new hat for him. This hat is a plain 2x2 ribbed hat. I think it will fit comfortably this time. I got the yarn from The Knitting Nook. It's from Universal Yarn Inc. and is called Classic Shades. I loved the colors. This yarn reminds me of Patons SWS.
01012008088 01262008147 01262008148

I've also finally finished the baby blanket from Mason-Dixon Knitting. It's the Modern Baby Blanket. I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease. I think it took so long for me to make this because of all the garter stitch. The same stitches over and over began to bore me. I think that it paid off though.
0121200814301202008141

1 comment:

Macoco said...

I really like the colors you chose for the baby blanket. They're very soothing.